Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Master Reset for my Fenix 3
Why Perform a Master Reset?
There are some occasions when performing a master reset can resolve certain issues, including:
- Not receiving a satellite signal
- Not functioning properly
- Restoring the factory default settings
- Bringing up language selection prompt if incorrect language text is showing
- Unable to pair up accessories (e.g. heart rate monitor or cadence sensor)
By doing this reset, all user information, workout history, and satellite data may be erased. Workouts can be backed up to training programs like Garmin Connect.
Due to recent software updates for Garmin fitness products, a master reset will not always delete activities - especially if there is a fault which has been caused by failing to delete old data. Activities will need to be removed from the History/Delete Menu, or via the 'Garmin' drive which appears on your PC or Mac when plugged in via USB.
- Ensure the device is powered OFF
- Hold in (and continue to hold in) the Back / Lap button
- Press in and release the Power button
- After the word "Garmin" disappears - you will see:
5. Release Back / Lap Button
6. Press down, to highlight Yes, then press Start / Stop to complete the MR.
7. The watch will reboot and you will be offered your choice of languages etc
All done. The Fenix 3 is now reset. Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.
Last updated Mon, Jul 6 2015 14:32