Frequently Asked Questions
KICKR Bluetooth Connectivity Issues
Please follow these three steps to isolate the issue.
1. Unplug the Kickr/Snap for 5 minutes.
2. Close all additional apps (on all nearby devices) capable of connecting to the trainer (see below)
Trainers can only connect to one device or app at a time. Most apps are capable of running in the background on devices, and continuing to have a connection to the KICKR/Snap, will prevent other apps from connecting to the Trainer or can cause conflicting commands to be sent to the Trainer.
1. Close Apps - this link shows how to close the apps on iOS - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330
2. Perform a network reset - note this will require you to re-enter wifi passwords, as it resets wifi too.
a - Open the Settings app
b - Click on General
c - Click on Reset
d - Click on Reset Network Settings
- Simply restart your phone
- If you have a Garmin computer, turn this off
3. KICKR / KICKR SNAP Firmware
a. Check that firmware on the KICKR or KICKR SNAP is up to date, which can be done through the free Wahoo Fitness App (Wahoo Fitness -> saved sensors -> Kickr/Snap)
Last updated Fri, Mar 13 2015 09:39