Frequently Asked Questions
100% warranty covers all manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship for a period of (1) year from the original date of purchase at an authorised 100% dealer or web re-seller.
Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase from an authorised 100% dealer. Hand written invoices are NOT acceptable.
What does the consumer warranty cover?
- Consumer products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.
- Within this period, the manufacturer will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labour, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
What doesn't the consumer warranty cover?
- cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents.
- consumable parts, through wear and tear, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
- damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorised service provider of 100Percent.
In addition, the manufacturer reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country.
Last updated Mon, Nov 26 2018 11:16